Chinese Name: 常州
English Name: Changzhou；Changchow
Other Name: Wujin武进；Zhongwu中吴
Abbreviation: 常 Chang
Zip Code: 21 30 00
Population: 5.349 million
Changzhou 常州 is a prefecture-level city under the jurisdiction of Jiangsu Province. It is one of the central cities, advanced manufacturing base, and cultural tourism city in the Yangtze River Delta region approved by The State Council. It is one of the 27 cities in the central area of the Yangtze River Delta and a city in the Suzhou 苏州, Wuxi 无锡, and Changzhou metropolitan areas.
Changzhou is located in East China, in the south of Jiangsu Province and the hinterland of the Yangtze River Delta长三角腹地. It is adjacent to Wuxi in the east, Nanjing and Zhenjiang in the west, and Wuxi and Xuancheng in the south. Changzhou is located in the plain of the lower reaches of the Yangtze River, with high sand plain and hilly lake Wei, belonging to the north subtropical monsoon climate北亚热带季风气候, with four distinct seasons.
As of March 2022, The city has 5 districts and 1 county-level city under its jurisdiction, with a total area of 4,385 square kilometers. The permanent population of Changzhou is 5.349 million. In 2021, the GDP of Changzhou will reach 880.76 billion yuan.
Famous Attractions in Changzhou
Changzhou has 31 national A-level tourist attractions, among which 3 are 5A, ranking second in Jiangsu Province. Flower Valley Wonderland 花谷奇缘has become a national 4a-level scenic spot, and the number of 4A-level scenic spots in the city has increased to 10.
Some special scenic spots in Changzhou
- Xudun Neolithic Site 圩墩新石器遗址
- In the spring and autumn Yancheng 春秋淹城
- Tianning temple 天宁寺
- Hong mei Ge 红梅阁
- Old rattan flower pavilion 藤花旧馆
- Ochre boat pavilion 舣舟亭
- Taiping Imperial Palace 太平天国护王府
- Qu Qiubai Memorial Hall 瞿秋白纪念馆
- China Dinosaur Park 中华恐龙园
- Tianmu lake 天目湖
- Jintan Maoshan Scenic Spot 金坛茅山风景区
- Play valley 嬉戏谷
- East Salt Lake City 东方盐湖城
- Huaxia Baosheng Garden 华夏宝盛园
Famous Universities in Changzhou
By the end of 2021, Changzhou had 832 schools at all levels, including 398 kindergartens, 229 primary schools, 168 regular middle schools, 20 secondary vocational schools, and 10 regular colleges and universities. Changzhou is one of the first national pilot cities for the integration of industry and education产教融合 in China and the only one in the province.
List of universities and colleges in Taiyuan
- Changzhou Campus of Hohai University 河海大学常州校区
- Changzhou university 常州大学
- Jiangsu Institute of Technology 江苏理工学院
- Changzhou Institute of Technology 常州工学院
- Changzhou Engineering Vocational and Technical College 常州工程职业技术学院
- Changzhou College of Information Technology 常州信息职业技术学院
- Changzhou Electromechanical Vocational and Technical College 常州机电职业技术学院
- Changzhou Textile and Garment Vocational And Technical College 常州纺织服装职业技术学院
Diet of Taiyuan
Changzhou cuisine 常州菜, originating in Changzhou, Wuxi, and Liyang, is also called “Jiangnan cuisine”. It is commonly used in distiller grains, sweet and sour sauce, raw and mixed flavors, and specializes in all kinds of poultry and aquatic products. Changzhou cuisine is fine in color, thick with sweetness, and especially fresh crisp.
List of Specialty dishes in Changzhou
- Dama cake 大麻糕
- Liyang Wind goose 溧阳风鹅
- Wild bamboo shoots 野山笋
- Liyang water dropwort 溧阳水芹
- Nanshan chestnuts 南山板栗
- Chang dang Lake crab 长荡湖螃蟹
- Rice fragrant chicken 稻香风鸡
- Liyang firm liver 溧阳扎肝
- Braised pork with spicy grains 香糟扣肉
- Village bridge old goose 寨桥老鹅
Transportation in Changzhou
Aviation: Changzhou Benniu International Airport 常州奔牛国际机场 is a 4E grade international civil transport airport, located at Konggang Third Road, Xin Bei District, Changzhou city, 18 kilometers away from Changzhou city.
Subway: Changzhou has two subway lines, namely Changzhou Metro Line 1 and Changzhou Metro Line 2. It is the fourth city in Jiangsu province to open a subway.
Railway: Changzhou has Xinchang Railway, Shanghai-Nanjing railway, Beijing-Shanghai high-speed railway, Shanghai-Nanjing urban railway, and other lines.
shipping: Changzhou city has a national first-class port Changzhou port.