Chinese Name: 大连
English Name: Dalian
Other Name: Langmanzhidou 浪漫之都；Zuqiucheng 足球城
Abbreviation: Lian 连
Zip Code: 11 60 00
Population: 7.4507 million
Dalian 大连 is a prefectural city, a sub-provincial city, a city specifically designated in the state plan, and a megacity in Liaoning Province. It is an important central city, port, and scenic tourist city in north China’s coastal areas approved by The State Council.
Dalian is a national hygienic city, a national forest city, a national garden city, a national civilized city, a benchmark city for the construction of China’s international business environment, and one of the first demonstration cities for the construction of the national government under the rule of law.
Dalian has 7 districts, 1 county, and 2 county-level cities under its jurisdiction, with a total area of 12,574 square kilometers. According to the seventh census, as of 2020, the permanent population of Dalian was 7.4507 million.
Famous Attractions in Dalian
Da Lian is the largest coastal city in northeast China, located at the southernmost tip of the Liaodong Peninsula, located in the warm temperate zone of the Northern Hemisphere 北半球暖温带地区, with oceanic characteristics of a warm temperate continental monsoon climate 温带季风气候, facing the sea on three sides, is a popular tourist destination in summer.
Da Lian now has 36 natural reserves of all kinds. Among them, there are 11 nature reserves (4 national nature reserves, 1 provincial nature reserve, and 6 municipal nature reserves); There are 14 forest parks (10 national forest parks and 4 provincial forest parks); 3 scenic spots (2 national scenic spots and 1 provincial scenic spots); 4 national Marine parks; 4 Geological park (2 national and 2 provincial).
List of Major tourist attractions in Dalian
- Xinghai Square
- Tiger Beach.
- Dalian Forest Zoo
- Civic Island
- Golden Pebble Beach National Tourist Resort
- Dalian Shengya Ocean World
- Dalian Western Suburb National Forest Park
- Wide Kashima
- Dalian Discovery Kingdom Theme Park
Famous Universities in Dalian
By September 2019, there were 30 regular institutions of higher learning in Dalian, with 291,000 undergraduate and junior college students. There are 7 adult colleges and universities with 51,000 students; There are 71 secondary vocational schools with 59,000 students; 76 regular senior high schools with 87,000 students; There are 652 schools providing nine-year compulsory education, with 496,000 students. There are 1,322 kindergartens with 165,000 children.
List of universities and colleges in Dalian
- The Dalian University of Technology 大连理工大学
- Dongbei University of Finance and Economics 东北财经大学
- Dalian Medical University 大连医科大学
- Liaoning Normal University 辽宁师范大学
- Dalian Ocean University 大连海洋大学
- Dalian Jiaotong University 大连交通大学
- Dalian University of Foreign Languages 大连外国语大学
- The Dalian University of Technology 大连工业大学
- Dalian University for Nationalities 大连民族大学
- Dalian university 大连大学
- Liaoning Police College 辽宁警察学院
- The Dalian University of Arts 大连艺术学院
- Dalian University of Finance and Economics 大连财经学院
- Dalian Neusoft Institute of Information 大连东软信息学院
- Dalian University of Science and Technology 大连科技学院
- Liaoning Institute of International Business and Economics 辽宁对外经贸学院
- Dalian University of technology city college 大连理工大学城市学院
Cultural undertakings in Dalian
By the end of 2019, Dalian had 13 public libraries, 12 cultural and art galleries, 11 state-owned museums, 2 memorial halls, 1 art gallery, and 4 municipal professional art performance groups.
List of museums in Dalian
- Dalian Museum
- Lushun Museum
- The old site of the Dalian Chinese Industrial Association
- Dalian Museum of Natural History
- Guan Xiangying Memorial Hall
- Dalian Art Museum
- Dalian People’s Culture Club
- Dalian Century Liusheng Music Culture Museum
- Dalian Wushu Culture Museum
- Dalian Shell Museum
- Dalian City Music Hall
- Dalian Library
- Dalian Lvshun Submarine Museum
- Dalian Han Tomb Museum
- Dalian Zhongshan Art Museum