Chinese Name: 凉皮
English Name: Liangpi
Main Ingredients: Flour
Liangpi凉皮 originated from the traditional food of the Han nationality汉族 in the Guanzhong关中 area of Shaanxi Province陕西省. It is popular in northern China and is a rare natural green pollution-free food.
Due to the different raw materials, production methods, and regions, cold skin can be divided into hot rice (noodle) skin热米（面）皮, rolling dough擀面皮, baking dough烙面皮, brewing dough酿皮, and so on. The taste of Liangpi is spicy, sour and sweet, spicy, and other flavors. Liangpi has a long history. It is said that it originated in the period of Qin Shihuang秦始皇 and has a history of more than 2,000 years.
Qin Town秦镇 is located in Xi ‘an area family County, adjacent to Xi ‘an, since ancient times rich in high-quality japonica rice. Legend of Qin Shi Huang, a year drought harvest, no rice tribute. At that time, the punishment was harsh and the villagers were afraid, so they sought advice from an official. The next day, the official calculated, that is, the production of Liangpi tribute. The aged rice is soaked overnight, ground into pulp with stone, precipitated, skimmed off the supernatant, steamed on the cage, and then added with various seasonings, that is, Qinzhen Liangpi秦镇凉皮.
After tasting the soft, smooth, sour, and spicy Liangpi, Qin Shihuang was so pleased that he exempted the taxes of that year and designated Qinzhen Liangpi as the royal tribute.
Eating dough in winter can keep you warm, eating in summer can reduce the heat, eating in spring can relieve fatigue, and eating in autumn can dehumidify. Liangpi is really a natural green pollution-free food that is suitable for all seasons. “Compendium of Materia Medica本草纲目,” says: rice can nourish the spleen, and wheat can nourish the heart. According to the selection of raw materials and production methods, different places are called different.
There are two ways to eat Liangpi. One is to eat it cold, which is also the most common. It can be eaten in spring, summer, and autumn of the year. The other is to eat hot, that is, after the skin is steamed, cut, and put in the drawer, there is a fire under the heat so that the skin always maintains a state of steaming hot, this way of eating more in winter. But there are also some people in winter who still want to eat cold like is that cool.
Bean curd with sesame paste is also a typical traditional way of eating. The method is simple. Mix the flour into a paste, put it into a special metal cold leather basket, shake the cold leather basket to make the paste flat on the bottom of the basket, and then put it into a boiling water pot to steam until it is mature. When eating, cut the dough into half-centimeter-wide strips, generally add cucumber shreds as auxiliary materials, and then add salt, vinegar, sauce, sesame paste, chili oil, etc.
Nowadays, Shaanxi is dominated by Xi’an. Most young and middle-aged people use Liangpi, Roujiamo, and a bottle of Bingfeng冰峰 as the so-called “Liangpi Package凉皮套餐”. Especially in the afternoon of summer, you can enjoy eating cool skin, tasting iced ice peaks, and chatting with friends.
The reason why Liangpi is widely loved by the public is that, besides its good taste and nutrition, another important reason is that it is fast to eat. Generally, it is convenient to eat in three or five minutes. Therefore, it is also called Qinzhen Rice Noodle Skin as Liangpi Fast Food.
How to make Liangpi?
- 100 grams of plain flour
- 100 g corn starch
- 300 grams of water
- Some shredded carrots
- Some shredded cucumber
- A caraway
- A moderate amount of chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili noodles
- 1 teaspoon thirteen spice powder
- 1 tablespoon cooked sesame
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of delicious soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Half a spoon of chicken essence
- Half a teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Step 1, Get all the ingredients ready. Mix the flour, starch, and water together until smooth. Then filter the batter.
- Step 2, Spoon a spoonful of batter into the pizza dish, boil it, and put it into the pot to boil for two minutes. When you see bubbles, it indicates that the skin is ripe, and then immediately put it into a cold water basin to cool down, so that it can be easily removed. Brush a layer of oil on the face. Follow the above steps for each sheet.
- Step 3, Prepare a bowl with garlic powder, chili noodles, thirteen spice powder, and cooked sesame seeds, and then pour hot oil into the bowl.
- Step 4, Cut the cold skin into strips, and then put the cold skin, shredded carrot, shredded cucumber, coriander, and chili oil together. Add 2 tablespoons of delicious soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of vinegar, 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, half a teaspoon of chicken essence, and half a teaspoon of sugar. Mix well.