Chinese Name: 连云港
English Name: Lianyungang；Lienyunkang
Other Name: Haizhou海州；Yuzhou郁洲；Gangcheng港城
Abbreviation: 连 Lian
Zip Code: 22 20 00
Population: 4.602 million
Lianyungang 连云港is a prefectural-level city under the jurisdiction of Jiangsu 江苏 Province. It is named Lianyungang because it faces Lianyungang Island and backs against Yuntai Mountain and its harbors.
Lianyungang is located in the northeast of Jiangsu province, on the west bank of Haizhou Bay海州湾, bordering the Yellow Sea in the east, Xuzhou and Suqian in the west, Huai ‘an and Yancheng in the south, and Rizhao and Linyi in Shandong in the north. It is one of China’s first open coastal cities, the National Demonstration zone for regional cooperation between east and West, the Shanghai Cooperation Organization’s maritime base, and the national civilized city. Lianyungang is the eastern bridgehead of the New Eurasian Continental Bridge and a national comprehensive transportation hub. With the advantages of combining sea and land transportation, it is an important part of the China (Jiangsu) Pilot Free Trade Zone.
Lianyungang has jurisdiction over 3 districts and 3 counties, covering a total area of 7615 square kilometers. By the end of 2021, the permanent population of Lianyungang is 4.602 million, and the regional GDP of Lianyungang has reached 372.792 billion yuan.
Famous Attractions in Lianyungang
Lianyungang is “China’s excellent tourist city”中国优秀旅游城市. It is surrounded by mountains and sea and integrates the port city. It has 1 national 5A-level scenic spot, 11 national 4A-level scenic spots and nearly 210 scenic spots. Lianyungang is rich in historic sites and has a long history. Known as “the first scenic spot in the East China Sea”东海第一胜境, it is one of the 49 key tourist cities in China and three major tourist areas in Jiangsu province.
Some special scenic spots in Lianyungang
- China’s maritime silk road 中国海上丝绸之路
- Yuntai Mountain Scenic Spot 云台山风景名胜区
- Huaguoshan National Geopark 花果山国家地质公园
- Yuntaishan National Forest Park 云台山国家森林公园
- Haizhou Bay National Marine Park 海州湾国家海洋公园
- Ganyu Small Tashan reservoir water conservancy scenic area 赣榆小塔山水库水利风景区
- Lianyungang Huaguo Mountain big holy Lake Water conservancy Scenic area 连云港花果山大圣湖水利风景区
- Hailing Lake Water Conservancy Scenic Area of Lianyungang 连云港海陵湖水利风景区
- Lianyungang Seaside tourist resort 连云港海滨旅游度假区
- Lianyungang Hot Spring Resort 连云港温泉旅游度假区
- Lianyungang Dayi Mountain Resort 连云港大伊山旅游度假区
- Yuntaishan Provincial Nature Reserve of Lianyungang 连云港云台山省级自然保护区
- Linhong Estuary Wetland Park 临洪河口湿地公园
Famous Universities in Lianyungang
In 2021, Lianyungang was identified by the Ministry of Education as the second batch of pilot units for ai-assisted teacher team construction. Lianyungang has established 2 provincial vocational education modernization demonstration schools and high quality characteristic schools, and 5 provincial modernization training bases.
List of universities and colleges in Lianyungang
- Jiangsu Ocean University 江苏海洋大学
- Kangda College of Nanjing Medical University 南京医科大学康达学院
- Lianyungang Teachers college 连云港师范高等专科学校
- Lianyungang Polytechnic 连云港职业技术学院
- Jiangsu Finance and Accounting Vocational College 江苏财会职业学院
- Lianyungang Campus of Jiangsu City Vocational College 江苏城市职业学院连云港校区
- Jiangsu Lianyungang Traditional Chinese Medicine Higher Vocational and Technical School 江苏省连云港中医药高等职业技术学校
- Jiangsu Lianyungang Industry and Trade Higher Vocational and Technical School 江苏省连云港工贸高等职业技术学校
Diet of Lianyungang
Lianyungang food combines the characteristics of Huaiyang cuisine, Shandong cuisine, and Shanghai cuisine. There are famous seafood dishes all the year-round, which make people never tire of eating.
Some specialty snacks in Lianyungang
- East Sea crystal 东海水晶
- Flower fruit mountain kudzu powder 花果山葛藤粉
- Wang Shu You of vinegar 汪恕有滴醋
- Guan Nan Tang wine 灌南汤沟酒
- Ganyu mixed with grain spring tea 赣榆夹谷春茶
- Gan Yu pancakes 赣榆煎饼
- Wild goose with flowers and fruits 花果山凤鹅
- Flower and fruit Mountain Cloud tea 花果山云雾茶
- Bean Dan 豆丹
- Sandfish 沙光鱼
- prawn 对虾
- Chestnut hill 山板栗
Railway: Lianyungang is the intersection of the Longhai Railway 陇海铁路and the Coastal railway沿海铁路, as well as the intersection of the land bridge channel and coastal channel in the “eight horizontal and eight vertical” 八横八纵high-speed railway network. There are 6 passenger stations including Lianyungang East Station, Lianyungang Station, Donghai County Station, Ganyu Station, Guanyun Station, and Guannan Station. The total length of 405 km of railway in the territory can reach the major cities of the country.
Shipping: Lianyungang port 连云港港口 is located on the shore of the Yellow Sea, southwest of Haizhou Bay in the middle of China’s coast, and at the northeast end of Jiangsu Province. It is one of the top ten seaports in China and one of the top 100 container shipping ports in the world.