Chinese Name: 青椒肉丝
English Name: Shredded Pork with Green Pepper
Category: Sichuan cuisine川菜
Main Ingredients: Pork; Green pepper
Shredded Pork with Green Pepper青椒肉丝 is a family dish with green pepper as the main ingredient, belonging to Sichuan cuisine川菜. Shredded pork with green pepper tastes spicy, and the dishes are complete in color, smell, flavor, simple operation, and rich in nutritional value.
Shredded pork with green pepper belongs to spicy dishes. Patients with eye disease, esophagitis, gastroenteritis, gastric ulcer and hemorrhoids should eat less or avoid eating. People with fire and heat disease or yin deficiency and fire excess, hypertension and tuberculosis should eat with caution.
It is said that during the Second Revolutionary Civil War第二次国内革命战争时期, the Central Soviet Area was extremely short of materials and lunch was very simple. Once, Huang Weihua黄炜华 went to the division headquarters kitchen to serve rice, stir fry a plate of shredded chili and green vegetables, and cook a bowl of soup. At dinner, Mao Zedong毛泽东 said wittily, “Ah, the chili in Jiangxi is as hot as that in Hunan. It’s good to cook, and it’s good in color, smell, and taste.”
Sichuan四川, Hunan湖南, Guizhou贵州, and other places are located in the south and southwest of China, with abundant rainfall and a humid climate. Historically, due to the high mountains and dangerous roads, transportation is inconvenient, and the food is often short of oil and salt, so it is difficult to swallow. Among them, Hunan and other places often use small pepper as food materials, also known as “stir-fried meat”, which tastes spicy. In Sichuan, green round pepper or green sharp pepper are commonly used as ingredients, and they can be divided into two types: stir fry and stir fry with bean paste.
Chili, which originated in Central and South America, was introduced into China in the Ming Dynasty明代. Because of its role of appetizing, cooling, and dehumidifying, it was widely planted in the south. Fried Shredded Pork with Green Peppers has also become a dish for ordinary families.
At the end of the Qing Dynasty清朝, shredded pork with green pepper had already entered the rich family. It is reported that when the Manchu gourmet, Concubine Zhen and Concubine Jin’s cousin Tang Lusun’s family tried to cook, they asked to cook chicken soup over a small fire and stir fry shredded pork with green pepper over a large fire. “The shredded pork should be tender and tasty, and the green pepper should be crisp and not overgrown.”.
With the economic and cultural development and population mobility, Sichuan restaurants have gradually spread to all parts of the country, and the dishes such as shredded pork with green pepper have also become a must for restaurants.
The flesh of green pepper is thick and crisp, rich in vitamin C, carbohydrates, and a large number of trace elements and vitamin K, which can prevent scurvy and have an auxiliary therapeutic effect on gum bleeding, anemia, and other diseases. In addition, it can enhance people’s physical strength and relieve fatigue caused by work and life pressure; It can stimulate the secretion of saliva and gastric juice, improve appetite, help digestion, promote intestinal peristalsis, and prevent constipation.
How to make Shredded Pork with Green Pepper?
- 4 large green peppers
- 200g pork tenderloin
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5g cooking wine
- 5g soy sauce
- 10g soy sauce
- 5g dry starch
- 15g water
- 5g sesame oil
- 3g salt
- 6g sugar
- the appropriate amount of starch
- Step 1, Cut the green pepper horizontally, remove the core inside, and then cut it into shreds; Slice the sirloin along the texture.
- Step 2, Put the cut shredded meat into a bowl, add soy sauce, soy sauce, sugar (half of the total amount), cook wine, and marinate for 15 minutes after grasping well.
- Step 3, Add a tablespoon of water to the meat, grab the shredded meat to absorb all the water, and then add dry starch to grasp well.
- Step 4, Add a small amount of oil to the frying pan. After the oil is heated, stir fry the green pepper shreds until Microsoft arrives, and then leave the pan for standby.
- Step 5, Heat the pan again, add a small amount of oil, heat the oil, and then add ginger and garlic slices to stir fry until fragrant, then add the shredded meat and stir fry quickly. Stir fry the shredded pork until it is about eight ripe. Add the fried shredded green pepper and stir well.
- Step 6, Add salt and sugar (the remaining half), stir fry well, then pour in water starch and thicken, stir fry well, and then out of the pot.