Chinese Name: 新疆大盘鸡
English Name: Xinjiang Big Plate Chicken; Xinjiang Dapanji
Category: Northwest cuisine西北菜
Main Ingredients: Chicken
Xinjiang Big Plate Chicken新疆大盘鸡, also known as Shawan Dapanji沙湾大盘鸡 and Fried Chicken with Chili辣子炒鸡, is a special food in Shawan City, Tacheng District, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region新疆维吾尔自治区. It originated from the Jianghu cuisine in Xinjiang roadside restaurants in the 1980s. It is mainly fried and stewed with chicken pieces and potato pieces, and also served with Xinjiang belt noodles. Colorful, smooth, and spicy chicken and soft, glutinous, and sweet potatoes are delicious and delicious on the table.
It is said that Zuo Zongtang左宗棠 of the Qing Dynasty清朝 won the battle in Xinjiang, and rewarded the three armies with local chicken and pepper, which is the predecessor of the big plate chicken.
Xinjiang Dapanji appeared in the 1980s, when a chef named Li Shilin李士林 from Shawan County, Xinjiang, opened a “Manpeng Pavilion满朋阁” restaurant near the highway. Li Shilin is good at cooking spicy chicken nuggets. One time, a construction company employee came to eat spicy chicken nuggets. Although he thought it tasted good, he felt that the amount was too small. Seeing Li Shilin coming out of the back hall with a whole chicken, he asked him to fry the whole chicken for them.
However, the fried chicken pieces were not packed on such a large plate, so Li Shilin served them on a plate containing noodles. After eating, the guests shouted that they had enjoyed themselves, and the guests sitting next to them also asked for a large plate of chicken, which formed a large plate of chicken.
At first, the shopkeeper wrote the recipe on a small blackboard, called “fried chicken with chili辣子炒鸡”. Later, more and more restaurants began to introduce the practice of packing chicken pieces on large plates and the reputation of large plate chicken spread. For a while, many “big plate chicken大盘鸡” restaurants emerged on both sides of the national road in Shawan County.
In 1992, Mr. Zhang, the owner of the Dapanji Store in Xinghua Village, Shawan, first registered the brand of “Dapanji”, a local dish, and started his own brand road.
After more than 20 years of development and evolution, in Xinjiang, the delicious big dish chicken is absolutely delicious with the Xinjiang characteristic Nang and belt noodles.
On September 10, 2018, “Chinese cuisine” was officially released, and “Dapanji” was rated as one of the top ten classic dishes in Xinjiang.
How to make Xinjiang Big Plate Chicken?
Xinjiang large plate chicken is usually fried first and then stewed. When it is ready, the delicious chicken pieces with burnt skin and rotten meat are mixed with the bright colors of green and red peppers. The potatoes mixed in the soup absorb the grease. Use chopsticks to pick up wide and thin noodles and stir them in the soup for a few times. Immediately, they are surrounded by thick soup. Put them in your mouth and they are spicy and delicious.
- two chicken legs
- two potatoes
- three chicken wings
- one green pepper
- one red pepper
- half onion
- one piece of ginger
- several garlic
- 20ml cooking oil
- two spoons of bean paste
- 15g rock sugar
- 1g salt
- one chicken essence
- 10ml soy sauce
- two-star anise
- 5g Chinese prickly ash
- two slices of sesame leaf
- 5g dry pepper
- a can of beer
- Step 1, Chop the chicken legs and wings into pieces, peel the potatoes and cut them into pieces, break the green peppers into pieces, cut the onions into pieces, break the red peppers into pieces, cut ginger into slices, garlic into slices, and cut the dry red peppers into sections for use.
- Step 2, Add some water to the pot, then put the chicken into the pot with cold water and blanch it for standby.
- Step 3, Pour cooking oil into the pot. Heat the oil and stir in anise, Chinese prickly ash, dried chili, sesame leaf, garlic, and ginger to stir fry. Put Pixian Bean Paste into a pot, and stir fry to make red oil. Stir the chicken in the pan and stir well. Add rock sugar, and stir fry soy sauce until colored. Pour the beer and a bowl of water into the pan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Put the potatoes in the pot and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Step 4, When stewing potatoes, put the baked Nang bought in advance into the oven and bake it at 200 ℃ for 5 minutes, then take it out and cut it into eight pieces, and put it on the plate for standby.
- Step 5, Stir fry green pepper, red pepper, and onion in the pan evenly, and start the fire to collect the juice. Add a spoonful of salt to taste, and then add a spoonful of chicken essence to stir fry evenly. Finally, put the chicken on the baked Nang.